Maybe you are the owner of a Spanish property, renting it out, or someone looking for a place to live as a tenant. It’s important that your interests are protected with a Rental Contract, especially since many of the existing Spanish tenancy laws have been updated.
The contract should be clear, simple and ideally drawn up by a qualified lawyer. A Rental Contract will typically set out:
- Names of both parties
- Address of the rental property
- Term of the lease, arrangements for lease extensions, notice period and exiting the contract.
- Rental deposit
- Rental charge, payment schedules and payment method
- Itemised list of costs and expenses and by which party they are to be borne e.g. utility bills, property insurance, rubbish collection tax and IBI tax (like Council tax)
- Upkeep and maintenance and the responsibilities of both parties.
The advantage of using a lawyer to draft the agreement is peace of mind that the contract will be binding in the unlikely event of a dispute.
Property rental contract – your next steps
The role of Sun Lawyers is to protect your investment and your interests whether we are acting for you either as the landlord or as the tenant. To enquire about a rental contract email us